domingo, março 27, 2005

Dia Mundial do Teatro
27 Março 2005

Help !


Theatre, come to my rescue !
I am asleep. Wake me
I am lost in the dark, guide me, at least towards a candle
I am lazy, shame me
I am tired, raise me up
I am indifferent, strike me
I remain indifferent, beat me up
I am afraid, encourage me
I am ignorant, teach me
I am monstrous, make me human
I am pretentious, make me die of laughter
I am cynical, take me down a peg
I am foolish, transform me
I am wicked, punish me.
I am dominating and cruel, fight against me
I am pedantic, make fun of me
I am vulgar, elevate me
I am mute, untie my tongue
I no longer dream, call me a coward or a fool
I have forgotten, throw Memory in my face
I feel old and stale, make the Child in me leap up
I am heavy, give me Music
I am sad, bring me Joy
I am deaf, make Pain shriek like a storm
I am agitated, let Wisdom rise within me
I am weak, kindle Friendship
I am blind, summon all the Lights
I am dominated by Ugliness, bring in conquering Beauty
I have been recruited by Hatred, unleash all the forces of Love.

Ariane Mnouchkine

Mensagem oficial do Dia Mundial do Teatro da autoria do encenador do Théâtre du Soleil Ariane Mnouchkine, sob proposta do International Theatre Institute

tradução em português de Eugénia Vasques, disponível aqui.

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Não conhecia o texto.Gostei muito.Não há duvida que há blogs que podem ser considerados d euitlidade publica.Este é um deles...
Um resto de Bom domingo de Pascoa!

Valeria Mendez, do blog
www.fadista-valeria-mendez.weblog.com.pt

Anónimo disse...

Ariane Mnouchkine é uma encenadora, não um encenador. (e não me perguntem qual é a diferença!)